Tuesday, September 27, 2016

TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY: DIY FURNITURE STYLE

A little different Transformation Tuesday than usual but one that excites me SO MUCH! This dresser was sitting on the side of the road for trash pick up in my brother's neighborhood a few weeks ago. FREE!!! George and I scooped it up to turn it into our baby girl's changing table....and HERE IS THE FINISHED PRODUCT!




One of my FAVORITE things to do is take someone's trash and turn it into a TREASURE. I can't help but think how God does the same thing for us over and over as many times as we need. Just when we think we aren't worthy, aren't good enough, aren't "fixable", aren't pretty enough, aren't nice enough, aren't wealthy enough, aren't ________ enough (fill in the blank)...if we ask, GOD SCOOPS US UP and goes to work! In all of our imperfections, He cleans us up, sands down our rough spots, paints over our sins with His blood, and turns us into something BEAUTIFUL that can be used in ways we never imagined!
A lot of people don't understand why I share my before/afters -- physical, spiritual, emotional, financial, professional, etc. What I've learned is it's SELFISH not to. So many people go through life feeling alone in their mess until someone is brave enough to share their transformation story of grace. Embracing the opportunity to turn my messy life into a MESSAGE for others is something I never thought I'd do...especially not on social media. I was so ashamed of many things in my past (and still struggle with some things) but I am so thankful for God's grace, love, and goodness. Like this dresser, God has turned a HOT MESS into something usable again and for THAT I am forever grateful.
"Praise be to God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog