Monday, September 1, 2014

Calling All Moms: There Is Hope for Being Healthy, Fit, & Fabulous - Let Me Show You How

Calling all Baby Mamas! THERE IS HOPE! Before I get into that, I feel like I'm now part of a secret club that only us mamas know and understand. Any other moms feel that way?  Yes, we're legit.

As we all know, along with becoming a mom comes 9 months of some crazy body changes (not to mention emotional and mental changes). I'll be the first to admit I did NOT treat my body the way I should have for 9 months. For the first 3, I couldn't stomach anything but carbs...mac'n'cheese, pizza, bread...you name it. I got in a really bad habit of eating what I wanted and didn't have any energy to exercise (not only because I wasn't fueling it with the right foods but because I was making a baby!). Before I knew it, I had gained 57lbs. Yes. 57lbs. That's  A LOT of weight on a 5'4" frame. That's a lot of weight for any frame.  

When I got the "go ahead" for working out (and sex!), I WAS BEYOND READY! I cleaned up my eating for the 3 months leading up to being able to exercise and started drinking a dense nutritious meal replacement shake (not a protein shake...a legit, nutritious, ALL NATURAL shake with 70+ nutrients - something I knew I couldn't make in my kitchen). From that alone, I was able to lose about 30lbs which was a great start! But how was I going to get off the other 27lbs? I knew it wasn't going to come off easy but I knew it would be worth it. Hello pre-baby clothes. Oh, how I've missed you!

I decided to give the 21 Day Fix program a try since the workouts are only 30 minutes. I could SURELY make 30 minutes for my health, right? I also loved that it incorporated an easy-to-follow healthy eating plan that is maintainable and not some crazy fad or quick fix (yes, I've done some crazy things in the past - diet pills, a detox that I didn't eat on for 13 days, no carbs, all protein diet, all fruits & veggies diet, really low calorie diet, etc.). I wanted something that was maintainable and that would have lasting results. After all, I'm a mom now and I have the responsibility of teaching my little man how to eat right.

After my first round of 21 Day Fix, I WAS A BELIEVER! I can't say enough about this program. I am a brand new mom, wife, full time corporate world employee -- and I was able to GET RESULTS AND MAKE THE TIME! If I can do it, SO CAN YOU! The workouts are 30 minutes and different every day (I get bored easily so this was huge for me!). While they are challenging, THEY ARE DOABLE. I wasn't able to do every video all the way through the first time but I WAS able to by the end of my second round of my Challenge Group. Then there is the eating plan which I absolutely LOVE! The color coded containers are so elementary but so key. They have really helped my portion control and help me choose the right foods. Not to mention, it didn't make me feel like I was being cheated. For goodness sake, you get to drink wine and eat tortilla chips on this meal plan. YES, PLEASE!

So, do you want to see my results?  The first picture is me 3 months postpartum at 146lbs.  The second picture is me 4 months postpartum and the third is me 5 months postpartum at 134lbs.  In two rounds of 21 Day Fix, I lost 12lbs and 16 inches!!! I still have 15 to go to get to my pre-baby weight but HALLELUJAH! This is certainly a GREAT start! Look at my face in the first picture. It says it all. I FEEL better and that is much more important than being a certain size or weight. Health is a journey, not a destination. I'm so glad to be back on track and setting an example for my little man.





Are you looking for a workout program that's doable as a busy mom? Maybe 21 Day Fix is the right program for you! I am so passionate about helping other women (and men!) live happier, healthier, fulfilling lives, I would love to help you. I'm a Beachbody Coach and run monthly online Challenge Groups to provide support, accountability, motivation, fitness tips, recipes, and more! I would LOVE to share more details about this program and all of the others you can choose from to help you reach your health and fitness goals. If you're interested in learning more, let's connect! There's a few ways you can do that. Check them out below! Go ahead...stalk me. ;)

1. Sign up for a FREE account so I can be your coach!  https://www.teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=383544

2. I'd love for you to connect with me on Facebook and follow my journey!  Yes, "Health is a journey, not a destination." Add me today!  

Heather Shriver Burns
https://www.facebook.com/heather.shriver

3. Email me so we can set up a time to connect!  bbcoachheatherb@gmail.com

4. Follow me on Instagram - @heatherburnsfitness

5. Check out my website - www.beachbodycoach.com/bbcoachheatherb 


Now, for those of you wondering "What is she doing now?", I've actually already completed another 60 Day Challenge doing another program!  Stay tuned for more about it in a future post! It has helped me start to get TONED, LEAN, FLEXIBLE and STRONG!

XO
Heather Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog