Monday, January 5, 2015

Before Pictures & Measurements Are A MUST!



You're probably reading this because you just got started on your 2015 health & fitness journey or are thinking about it. WAY TO GO!!! High five to you!  So, you're a few days in and hopefully still on FIIIIIRE and off to a great start this year!  I love when people are excited to get started.  It makes me excited!  I get to experience it every month as a coach because each month I help a new set of individuals strive to reach their health and fitness goals.

There are a few things I require every challenger to do before we start and one of them is to take their BEFORE pictures and measurements.  I've had a few people question why.  Trust me. I know they aren't fun. I know they can be hard to look at. But there's a few reasons why I require it. Do you want to know why?


Here are my top 5 reasons why you MUST take before pictures and measurements...


1. You only get 1 chance to take your before picture and measurements because you're NEVER going to look like that again. How awesome is THAT? I mean really. It's a like a funeral for the "old" you.


2. Sometimes you won't see the weight drop on the scale which is a TOTAL bummer (trust me...I know....been there!) but if you're following the program and eating right, you WILL see a difference in a side-by-side photo comparison and you will lose inches.  I'd rather lose inches any day because that's how your clothes fit. Have you ever bought a pair of pants that say 130 lb person?  Nope.  Didn't think so.



3. They should motivate you to STICK TO IT.  So many times we have an image of ourselves in our head or are so used to our perfect "selfie" angle that we forget what we really look like.  They might not be easy to look at but they are meant to be a reality check and to keep you motivated to not give up!


4. You will want them to do side-by-side comparisons for your AFTER pictures! Even after one week, I have my challengers do comparison photos.  You WILL see a difference and THAT should motivate you to stick to it for week 2....and 3...and 4....etc.


5. You will eventually use them for BRAGGING RIGHTS!  That's right!  You will end up LOVING your before pictures because it will show how far you've really come.  They are LIBERATING. They are proof of all of your hard work and proof that you are BIGGER than your excuses.


I can remember thinking to myself that I would NEVER show my before pictures to anyone.  HA!  Now that thousands of people have seen it on Facebook and I show them to every new challenger or potential client I talk with, I couldn't care less about what I looked like.  Do you know why? Because I DON'T LOOK LIKE THAT ANYMORE!  I love the skin I'm in and I'm confident with who I am. I'm proud of the progress I've made from that 176 pound pregnant woman.  Most of all, I know I'll never look like that again because I have taught myself how to eat right and take care of my body. My before pictures are proof that I've done it and can show anyone else how to do the same.


So, while we're at it...here are a few that I've kept





So, if you haven't already done so, GO TAKE YOUR PICTURES! If you don't have anyone to take them for you (or don't want anyone to see), get the TimerCam app and do them yourself!  I promise you will NOT regret it.


Best of luck to you on your 2015 journey!  I hope this is your BEST YEAR YET! If you want to continue to receive motivation, tips, recipes, etc, sign up for my blog to be sent to your email and check out Heather Shriver Burns: Health & Fitness on Facebook and "like" my page!

XO
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog