Saturday, January 17, 2015

How I Became A Work-from-Home Mom And Get to Have My Cake And Eat It Too


AHHH!  I'm still in shock and tear up every time I think or talk about this. Bare with me. 





On Monday of this week, I was able to have my cake and eat it too. I got to choose when, what flavor, how much, and make it in my own kitchen. The best part about it was that I was fortunate enough to enjoy a piece with Nico. We enjoyed it so much, we might have a piece tomorrow...maybe even for breakfast. wink emoticon You see, I don’t eat cake very often. I only eat cake when I’m celebrating something. This week, I am celebrating something BIG. I made a life changing decision for our family.

On 2.4.14, I had my son. It is a day that changed me forever. heart emoticon I know you mamas know what I’m talking about. Toward the end of my maternity leave I realized leaving him to return to work was going to be much harder than I anticipated no matter how much I loved my job. I’m naturally a work-aholic and have worked since I was 15. Anyone that knows me knows I never have desired to be a Stay-At-Home-Mom (SAHM). I’m not a fan of cooking or cleaning. wink emoticon However, I’d be lying if I told you I didn’t cry for a week straight prior to returning to work. I didn’t know how I was going to be able to hand him over to our nanny...but I somehow managed. All of my mom friends that work say it gets easier but I never felt that it did. I hate knowing I’m paying someone to cuddle him, to play with him, to wipe his tears, to watch him crawl, to hear him say his first word, etc. I love working and having a career but I’d also love to be able to enjoy my son throughout the day and soak up the little moments with him. They are only little once, right? I can't believe HOW FAST the last 11 months have gone.

Let’s just say that the last year has been the most challenging and most rewarding year of my life. After having Nico, I started to dread Sunday nights and having to return to work. I used to love my career but I have been fortunate to stumble upon a hobby that I’ve become even MORE passionate about. Most of you know over the last 9 months, I’ve been able to get into the best shape of my life while building a Beachbody business. I have diligently worked about 2 hours a day helping others get healthy - physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and financially. I started out doing it as a hobby to hold myself accountable but when I realized the potential of the business opportunity, I continued to work and saw an opportunity to be able to be a work from home mom.  My business kept growing and growing….and with some hard work, determination, and turning my trials into triumphs, I’ve found a flexible career that will allow me to live a life by design. God has blessed me and my business in ways I never knew possible over the last 9 months and I give him ALL the glory for my success. I can’t wait to see where He takes me in 2015 and am so excited to help others do the same because I'd be selfish NOT to share this incredible opportunity. I have been able to pay off debt, earn free vacations, make lifelong friends, and so much more --- and when I sat down and looked at our finances, I realized my Beachbody income would allow me to quit my corporate career and focus on two things that I love --- being a mom and being a Beachbody Coach. TALK ABOUT LIFE CHANGING! This means that I can still work (from my couch, the beach, Starbucks, or anywhere I choose) BUT I am my own boss. I never have to report to someone and can continue to create my own success ALL while being at home with my son!


I am SO excited to share that I have officially given my 2 weeks’ notice and will be a full time work from home mom and Beachbody Coach! Now, talk about having your cake and eating it too. I am able to continue a career that is fulfilling while being able to be present in my son's life. 


Luckily, I learned what portion control is and just so happen to have some cake to share. wink emoticonWHO IS HUNGRY?


I want nothing more than to help other women do the same thing in 2015. I am currently working with a group of top coaches to create a brand new training program and am looking for 5 new women to be in our beta test group. 

If you are tired of dreading Sunday nights and want to have you cake and eat it to by staying at home with your littles but still able to contribute to your household income and enjoy helping others and health and fitness, please fill out the form through the link below and I will be in touch!

https://coachheathershriverburns.wufoo.com/forms/m6rjfkl1eb9sqm/

XO
Heather

#LETITSHINE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog