Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Day I Hid My Friend's Facebook Posts



One of the best decisions I ever made was to unfollow one of my friend's Facebook posts.  I found myself comparing myself to her in every way. Don't get me wrong, this is a GREAT girl and in many ways I do want to be like her. The problem was I was starting to compare myself to her too much. For example, she lost her baby weight REALLY quickly and I didn't.  It made me feel bad. She seemed to be doing well in her career and I wasn't. It made me feel bad. Her child was hitting milestones quicker than my son. It made me feel bad.

After while, I started to stalk her page and look for things that...made me feel bad...and slowly I started to dislike her. When I realized what I was doing, I knew it had to STOP. I want to keep up with this friend and love seeing pictures of their child, all the recipes she shares, etc., but I knew I had to "break up" with her on Facebook for my own sanity! So, I did.

And it's been FREEING! I wish her all the best and have prayed for her continued success and awesome life (and I do still keep up with her...just not on FB).

I promise when you are able to understand this concept and stop competing with other people, your life will change.  You will start looking at yourself AND others differently. Competing with others is one of the easiest ways to set yourself up for failure. As humans, I think we all want to be better. THAT is a great thing! The key is to want to be better than who YOU were yesterday, not better than someone else. This goes for every area of your life....fitness, career, love life, money, car, etc.

Go ahead. Give it a try.

PS: Don't feel guilty for unfollowing a friend on Facebook. They will never know and you can still be friends in the REAL world. ;)

XO
Heather






No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog