Wednesday, March 25, 2015

21 Day Fix Extreme Review & Round 1 Results - NOT Sticking to The Meal Plan

To be 100% honest with y'all (I'm moving back to Texas as I type this...so I've got to perfect my Y'ALL) ;) , I HAVE BEEN DREADING THIS POST!  Right around the time of committing to doing the 21 Day Fix Extreme (which I was SUPER pumped about), we found out we would be officially selling our first home and relocating back to Dallas, TX. My mind was all over the place! This is a really exciting move for our family but I knew it meant a lot of changes...packing up everything and the logistics of moving across the country...again. Since meeting George, we've lived in 3 states -- and we've only been together about 3 1/2 years. We like to keep things interesting, apparently! ;) 


Anyways, I was ALL about giving it 100%. I have a vacation to Cancun with all of my other coach pals NEXT month and I want to FEEL and LOOK good on the beach! I wanted to be committed to the meal plan and the workouts -- but that did not happen. :( I did stick to the workouts every single day but 1 and drank my Shakeology superfood meal replacement each day.  Thank goodness...otherwise, I probably would have gained weight!


Want this yummy peanut butter cup recipe?! Check out my last post...Peanut Butter Cup ShakeO Recipe


Side note: I absolutely LOVE the program as much if not more than regular 21 Day Fix.  I see results!  I feel tighter and more toned and I'm starting to FINALLY see a change in my legs. I love the variety, the challenge, the weights, and can we all just take a minute and talk about Jake in the yoga workout?!  Seriously INCREDIBLE. So where did I fall off? What I did not stick to was the meal plan. As a health & fitness coach, I know the magic is in the diet. Exercise is important but what we consume is 70-80% of our success.  I let life get in the way, stresses of moving across the country, leaving my family, selling a house, selling a car...LIFE...I let it get in the way of my goals. Just because I do this for a living, doesn't mean I'm perfect. It doesn't mean I don't have stress. It doesn't mean I don't have cravings. It doesn't mean I never fall off the wagon and have to start over. I AM HUMAN. I am just like YOU.

Am I a little disappointed that I didn't reach my goals? Yes. Am I sluggish and feeling gross because of my poor diet choices? Yes.  Does this mean I'm a failure? NO. Does this mean I won't pick myself back up and make better choices starting today (or maybe tomorrow...we are on the road with lots of snacks. EEK!)? NO. Health is a journey, not a destination. It is not meant to be something we do for a short time then go back to our old ways. It is an effort and a choice we make day in and day out to be healthy and happier. It is one of THE best decisions I've ever made. It has helped my life in every way and is something I can never give up. I've been going strong for 11 months with 2 small hiccups ....the holidays and this big move. 
Failing at something means giving up and I AM NOT GIVING UP!  I'm going to get RIGHT BACK AT IT tomorrow! (we will officially be in Dallas!!!)

With all that being said, I absolutely LOVE this program and think it challenged me and my fitness level. Just like the original 21 Day Fix, it was challenging enough to give me a great workout but it was not so difficult that I felt defeated before I started.  I love Autumn Calbrese's training style and can't wait to give it 100% as soon as we get to Texas (Touchdown T- 1 day!). I am going to commit to sticking to the plan 100% and add a 3 Day Refresh to maximize my results for Cancun.  I want to make sure I don't blow it there!  




If you're ready to make some lifestyle changes, get back on track, and get into the best shape of your life, join me! Contact me by your choice...

bbcoachheatherb@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/heathershriverburnsinsideouthealthandfitness

https://www.facebook.com/heather.shriver

724-255-2951


LET IT SHINE, 
Heather <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog