Saturday, January 9, 2016

LOVE THY SELFIE...WITHOUT MAKEUP

The first time you feel beautiful WITHOUT makeup.....because you realize true beauty comes from within.

3 years ago, I NEVER would have stepped out of my house without makeup (at least some foundation, blush, and mascara) and while I DO wear some makeup most days even though I work from home, I don't feel that I HAVE to in order to feel good about myself.

Today, I was running late after our workout and barely had time to shower let alone put on makeup for my chiropractor/acupuncture appointment.  3 years ago I would have either canceled that appointment or I would have been really late.󾍔 I realized a few things this morning I want to share with you today....

1. Beauty is from WITHIN. It's your HEART that makes you attractive.

2. Makeup does WONDERS and is magical...especially when it's done by someone as talented as Make-up Artistry by Ashle-a Powell!

3. For the first time, I am ok (better than ok, actually!) with what I look like without makeup because I am genuinely JOYFUL because of who I am inside thanks to the grace and hope I find in my Savior.

4. Social media is our highlight reel. We all want to show our best...but reality is, it's NOT the case every single day. Don't be fooled that the people you see on social media appearing to live "perfect" lives is 100% reality and that they really "WOKE UP LIKE THIS". It's not possible. We are ALL human.

5. I have a confidence about me because Jesus lives in my heart. I like to call it GODFIDENCE. It's powerful when you know the love God has for you even at your VERY lowest.

6. Filters are FUN and I can't wait to get my LuMee case!😎 #watchout

7. Stop feeling so self-conscious when you take a selfie. I am SO pro-selfie. There are SO many bigger problems in this world than a woman who finds themselves pretty. One of those things is a woman who doesn't think she's pretty. #lovethyselfie

8. I'm pretty sure that this is the sexiest I have ever felt or looked (on the right) and I will be FOREVER grateful for Kim Novak Photography for helping unleash that side of me. I've always hidden from the camera and avoided professional pictures at ALL costs (didn't hire a wedding OR maternity photographer for that reason but thankfully had a wonderful cousin who forced me to allow her to capture some great ones!).

9. I might need to finally make the investment and try out Rodan + Fields?!


TAG ME IN A SELFIE ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHOW ME YOUR BEAUTIFUL SELF!!!

IG: @faithfullyfitmama
FB: https://www.facebook.com/heathershriverburnsinsideouthealthandfitness/

In Love & Light,
Heather

#Godfidence #faithfullyfitmama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog