Monday, October 6, 2014

Your New Family Favorite Meal - Cauliflower "Fried" Rice

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I CAN NOT COOK! I've never liked to cook and I've never been good at it. That's ok, though because I have other talents. I made sure my hubby knew this info before we got too serious...and he still married me. So, I must be doing something right!

With that being said, every once in a while I get a little bit of a domestic bug and try a new recipe. Sometimes they turn out yummy and sometimes they aren't edible. This one I'm about to share with you is SCRUMPTIOUS!

If your family likes fried rice, I can almost guarantee they will LOVE this. I've not had ONE person that I've shared this recipe with not like it. So, you are NOT allowed to be the first. Deal? ;)

No, but seriously, everyone LOVES this recipe. I've had quite a few mamas not tell their kids or hubbies it was cauliflower and they never knew the difference. I tried it with my dad (who HATES cauliflower). He figured out it wasn't rice but he liked it! My hubby and I love having it as left overs and could eat it every week. 



What you will need...

- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 1/c cup Onion 
- Green Onions (I used about 6-8)
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves (or more if you like...we love garlic!)
- 5 Egg Whites (sometimes I add more to up the protein)
- Fresh/Frozen Mixed Veggies ---corn, carrots, peas-- I use 1 large bag of frozen veggies because I like easy but I know fresh would be healthier
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce 
- Pepper (to taste)
- Ginger Paste (to taste)
- Coconut Oil

*Optional - We love adding chicken or shrimp when we want even more protein!


Directions:

Clean and cute your cauliflower. Use a food processor to make it "rice" like. THIS CAN GET MESSY but I promise it gets easier the more you do it and it is SO worth it.  

Saute garlic and onions in 1 tbsp coconut oil. Add veggies and let cook for about 2-4 minutes (until soft if you're using fresh veggies). Add scrambled eggs, cauliflower, soy sauce, ginger paste, and green onions. Add protein. Let "cook" for about 5 minutes and ENJOY! 


I hope your family loves it as much as mine! Leave a comment and let me know how you liked it. 

XO
Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog